Saturday, March 2, 2013

Sweetheart VoxBox

Picture this: It's Sunday evening. I'm having a stressful day--lots of homework due, work deadlines quickly approaching, blog posts to write, yadda, yadda. 

My phone vibrates. It's a new email. I open my inbox and am greeted by those those magic words: You're getting a SweetHeart VoxBox. *Hallelujah Chorus Begins* I.was.pumped. 

..Three Weeks Later...

Awesome!!
It was like Christmas day and I couldn't wait to try everything! So without further ado, here is what I thought of this months products. 

Not Your Mothers Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray ($6 for full size)
Now everyday can be a day at the beach... minus the sunburn. Beach Babe has everyone fooled into thinking you just left the beach (you little liar!). It adds sexy, tousled waves and a lite matte finish to any hair type. Infused with natural dead sea salt & sea kelp this salon formula has you and your hair on the boardwalk all year long.
If you follow me on Instagram, you know that I couldn't wait to try this out. In fact, I used it just today! I'm always a little hesitant to try out a new hair product because my hair is soooo fine, limp and oily and I worry that product will bring out these terrible qualities even more. Not this time!! Not Your Mothers Beach Babe Texturizing spray played up my natural waves and left my hair vibrant, shiny and smelling divine!
I work in television and am always looking for ways to improve my look--the spray did just that!
Would I recommend this product to a friend? Absolutely.

Olay Fresh Effects (Va-Va-Vivid!) Powered Contour Cleansing System ($12.99 for kit) and Fresh Effects (Shine, Shine Go Away!) Shine Minimizing Cleanser ($6.99 for full size).
Fresh & Fearless. Ingeniously Designed to fit your facial contours, our power brush deep cleans in and around the T-zone, hair line and nose for full-face cleansing.Treat yourself to a micro-facial experience that really packs some cleansing punch. Fresh has never felt, or looked, so good.
When I graduated high school almost five years ago, I could literally count on one hand the number of times I had broken out in my life. Seriously. I used to not even wear foundation or concealer because my skin looked great as is. Then I went to college and started stressing out more, drinking water less, not exercising, eating fatty and oily food, etc. and started getting terrible breakouts (and keep getting them to this day even with a good diet, vitamins, large water consumption and regular exercise). I have wasted so much money on countless face washes, purifying masks, spot gels, lotions and all that jazz and was hoping this was the solution. Unfortunately, it was not.. it made me break out even more. However, this is not what the product was designed for so I can't complain to much about that. The system left my skin feeling very clean and refreshed. I will continue to use the vibrating cleaner but will replace the face wash with something a little more gentler.

Would I recommend this product to a friend? Yes.

Skinnygirl Daily On-The-Go Bars ($9.99 for box of 5)
With only 180 calories per bar, you can now enjoy Skinnygirl Daily On-The-Go bars guilt-free. The bars are natural, kosher, and high in fiber. All bars now have MORE protein and MORE fiber, LESS sugar and FEWER carbs! These bars are the perfect indulgent treat for individuals looking to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
I'm going to cut to the chase and tell you that I wasn't impressed with these Skinnygirl bars--they were just okay. I didn't mind the taste of them but they didn't leave me feeling snack full and satisfied. I'll probably just stick with my Special K bars. They are only 90 calories, taste better and cost 1/4 of what the Skinnygirl bars cost.

Would I recommend this product to a friend? No.

Secret Clinical Strength Stress Response ($7.99-$9.99)
Did you know there are actually three main causes of sweat? Sweat is induced by physical activity/exercise, environmental/heat and stress. Secret Clinical Strength Stress Response in Serene Citrus is uniquely formulated to protect you from all the causes of sweat, especially stress sweat. It's proven 4x more effective at protecting against stress-induced underarm wetness than the wetness protection required of an ordinary antiperspirant.
I'm going to let you in on a little secret. I sweat..a lot (gross, I know). There were several occasions when I'd walk across campus and arrive at my destination with soaked armpits. Yuck. I started using men's deodorant but it wasn't helping so I finally brought it to my doctors attention and she recommended Secret Clinical Strength.. so I have actually been using this product for over six months now! This product has seriously changed my life and I highly recommend it to everyone. I always buy the Ooh-La-La Lavender because I love the smell (and I think it blends well with my VS Love Potion body spray) and will probably continue to buy that scent instead of the Serene Citrus. 

Would I recommend this product to a friend? Absolutely. 

Huge thanks to Influenster for allowing me the opportunity to review these products! Check back next week for my full review on the Olay Va-Va-Vivid System. 

2 comments:

  1. lucky you! I want another vox box! (I got one in october)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm, I'm a sweaty beast too. it just is what it is! I love that salt spray, glad it worked well for you too. I'm interested in the cleanser, it'll be neat to find out if it's made a difference or not?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs