Monday, February 17, 2014

V-Day Recap (or Jackson: the World's Grumpiest Valentine)

Happy President's Day, y'all!

Today is President's Day, right?

I just Googled it and it is.

So yes, Happy President's Day.

Anyway, I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day and weekend--Brandon and I had a very lovely V-Day (though our son wasn't too impressed with the whole hearts, flowers, and chocolates thing)!

Here's a peek at our day..

Prelude: Jax has been going through a bad growth spurt lately (though it's finally coming to an end, thank goodness!) where all he wants to do is eat, inconsolably cry, and sleep (but only if he's being held)--growth spurts apparently don't take holidays, so he was pretty grumpy the entire day.

I love holidays and birthdays and always wake up in a good mood the morning of--this Valentine's Day was no exception (even on little sleep).

I:
  • woke up
  • nursed the babe
  • dressed Mr. Jax and myself
  • put on makeup and did my hair (it must have been a special occasion!)
  • had a yogurt
  • prepared for Brandon's and my gift exchange
  • stuck a mustache on my (almost) 8-week-old and took pictures
Jackson wasn't amused..
Once all of us were up and ready for the day, it was time to open gifts (which is really the best part of Valentine's Day, right?)!
I got Brandon a photo plaque for his desk at work (from Shutterfly) and assisted Jax with his Valentine's surprise for Brandon (more on that in a minute).
Brandon got me some super comfy house slippers (my old ones were in bad shape) and a massage--I CANNOT wait for my appointment on the 1st!
After exchanging gifts, it was time for Brandon to head to work and for Jax and I to execute our big Valentine's Day surprise! 

What was the big surprise? 

Well..

During our trip to the grocery store on Wednesday, Jax informed me that he wanted to surprise his dad with a bunch of snacks for Valentine's Day (Brandon never takes snacks to work with him and comes home starving), so we picked up Goldfish, beef jerky, peanut butter crackers, cookies, etc. for Brandon's desk. The plan was to drive to Brandon's work, put the snacks in his car, and wait for him to find them when he got off at 7--cute idea my little (almost) 8-week-old had, right?

As soon as Brandon left for work, I nursed Jackson and got us ready to go but the babe decided he no longer wanted to go through it and would rather just stay home than go in his car seat. 

Sorry bud--not an option. 

He. screamed. the. entire. time. 

We stopped by Party City to pick up a few balloons to put in Brandon's car and he screamed. 

We drove the 15 minutes to Brandon's work (and made a few wrong turns) and he screamed.

Mr. Grumpy finally fell asleep right around the time we arrived at Brandon's complex and began cruising the parking lot in search of his car (it's a big company so I figured it'd take awhile to find). After only 10 minutes of searching, I spotted a KU plate--it was my husbands car! As luck would have it, there was an open spot right next to his car so I quickly parked, jumped out, put the snacks and balloons in the passenger seat, and got back into my car to find an angry, screaming infant who woke up and realized that he was still in his car seat and that the car had stopped. 

Hell hath no fury like a baby in a car that isn't moving..
Not the greatest pic (I was in a hurry to get back to my car) but you can kinda make out the balloons!
After leaving Brandon's work, we drove over to Whole Foods to pick up Valentine's desserts (Jax screaming all the way) and then home to nap. 
We sat in the backseat of the car and cuddled a bit before going into Whole Foods.. it helped a little.
Once we were home, Jax and I watched an episode of "Breaking Bad" (well, I did--Jax was busy eating and sleeping), took 2 1/2 hour naps, watched an episode of "Petticoat Junction" (we don't have cable, remember?), and awaited Brandon's arrival home. Once B was home, it was time to continue our first Valentine's Day as a family of 3 (4 if you count Bitsy) with pizza, wine, desserts, and a movie ("The Wolf of Wall Street"--we couldn't even finish it because it was so long, boring, and just plain stupid!). 
We're so happy to live in a town with (multiple) Papa John's!
#pumpanddump
I think it's safe to say that we all had a wonderful Valentine's Day (Jax included)--it was a nice, fairly laid back day with the guys (and cat) I love the most! I hope that all of you had a special day with your loved ones as well! 

P.S. Thank you to everyone who sent Jackson Valentine's cards and gifts! He is such a blessed little boy to have such wonderful people in his life (as are his mom and dad)!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. The number of times I fed Quinn in the backseat in a random parking lot was ridiculous. There was even once, when she was really little, that I took her on a drive at 2 in the morning and fed her in an almost empty Dillon's parking lot. She was a crazy baby. Still a little crazy :)
    Love the surprise you did, that is too cute! Ooh, also, could you send me your new address?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs