Wednesday, September 25, 2013

26 Week Bumpdate (Finally)

Good news! I got out of bed and dressed this morning--I can finally post my bumpdate!

I'm still feeling a little under the weather but not as bad as Monday--we've been sleeping with the windows open and I think I got a little too chilly Sunday night which caused this cold (or it may just be really bad allergies, I don't know). Oh well. I'll keep self medicating with sleep, warm blankets, and hot tea.
Sorry for the terrible picture--I quickly took this before running out the door to work yesterday.
How far along: 25 weeks, 6 days

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Just 5 pounds.. I still feel nervous about not gaining much but my doctor reassured me that as long as the babe is healthy and measuring well (which he is!), it isn't a problem.

Maternity clothes: I don't know how, but I can still squeeze into (and zip up) my favorite black pencil skirt (pictured above).. I figure that as long as things still zip, button, clip, etc., they are good to wear.

That was my really long, dragged out way of saying no maternity clothes yet.

Stretch marks: No and they can stay away!

Sleep: Oh, sleep. I returned home from vacation and still had a difficult time getting comfortable/staying asleep and it was driving me crazy--so much so that I decided it was absolutely necessary for me to get out of bed, throw on some jeans, and run over to Wal-Mart to purchase a body pillow on Friday night (after 11pm). I proudly marched into Wal-Mart wearing my "Nation of Domination" shirt (which is this ridiculously hilarious shirt that has a cartoon picture of two of my guy friends/former co-anchors and me on it), retainer, and au naturel face to find that they carried only one kind of body pillow. Ugggggggggh. I stood there staring at my option and decided whether or not I wanted to spend $10 (have I ever mentioned that I'm pretty stingy?) on something that looked so weak. But alas, I couldn't bear the thought of sleeping another night without a body pillow. So I arrived home, complained to my husband about how stupid this pillow was and how much I already hated it already, laid down, got situated, and almost immediately fell asleep on what is my new favorite thing--I love this pillow!! It's so fluffy and warm and keeps me comfortably situated all through the night. I guess the moral of my little story is to never judge a book by it's cover (or a pillow by it's case?)--if I hadn't given this pillow a shot, I would have ended up forking over wayyyyyyy more money the next day at JCPenney.

Best moment last week: Brandon got to see Baby move for the first time--we were watching "It's Always Sunny" and Charlie was singing a song he wrote and that got the babe kicking and moving.. this boy loves his music (even songs by Charlie Kelly about spiders creeping into your soul)!

Movement: All the time!

Food cravings/aversions: Anything spicy is still my jam.. I love jalapenos and the hot, hot crock pot chili I made the other night.

Gender: Boy babe. 

Labor signs: Nooo!

Belly button - in or out? Innie

What I miss: Being able to breathe and not having a scratchy throat :/

What I am looking forward to: We have some friends getting married in Wichita the first weekend of November and we are planning on getting a hotel for a couple nights and making a little getaway out of it--I love staying in hotels (and weddings.. and our friends Jessica and Tyler!) so I'm having a blast looking for the perfect hotel. We're going to treat this weekend as our babymoon and include shopping, dinner, and relaxing.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I love staying in hotels, too! The lawyer thinks it's funny, but realizes I'm a cheap, easy-to-please date! :-)
    I think your bump decided to make a bigger appearance this week! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs