Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Las Vegas Recap!

I have a confession to make..

I didn't get dressed yesterday.

I threw on one of my Grandma Velora's old sweatshirts (the one she got in San Diego--my fave!) and a pair of Brandon's old athletic shorts and called it good.

I was comfortable.

And warm.

I didn't get much sleep Sunday night/Monday morning because we left the windows open all night (to let in some of that cool fall air!). It felt great but I woke up with body aches and really, really congested.

Wah wah wahhhhhhhhhh (that's the sad trumpet noise if you couldn't tell).

Anyway, the point of this pointless story is that I didn't feel like putting on form fitting clothes to take a bumpdate picture in.. so I will be posting my 26 week bumpdate tomorrow. I promise.

In the meantime, I'd love to share some pictures and memories from my moms and my girls trip to Las Vegas last week!
Our trip wasn't something we had planned for long.. We were texting this summer and I made a comment about how much fun it would be to have one last girls vacation before Baby arrives--next thing I knew, my awesome mamma booked the condo and airline tickets and we were all set to go! Here we are on a shuttle to the airport (naturally, I'm wearing my "vacation" hat).
My parents have a beautiful condo/timeshare in Las Vegas that we have always been fortunate enough to use. I could just move right in (did you see that bathtub and shower??)!
The view from our room. Normally, our room faces the strip so this was a bit of a change but I'm not going to complain--we spent a lot of time reading and relaxing next to those pools (they have fun music playing and we got a big "kick" out of watching the baby move and kick around. Music gets this boy movin' and groovin'!)
As you can see, we like our snacks! And pizza (we were both pretty exhausted from traveling so we spent our first night in eating pizza and watching TV--I was asleep by 8pm)!
Pool time!
We ventured out onto the strip Sunday afternoon. Our afternoon consisted of picking up show tickets (we saw Jersey Boys and it was fabulous--hands down the best show we have ever seen!), shopping, and watching the end of the Broncos/Giants game while sharing a delicious cheeseburger, fries and heavenly strawberry shake.
We had big plans to eat at our favorite buffet on Monday afternoon (I scored a sweet Groupon for the place--I was pumped!) and it was amazing. We stood in line over an hour waiting to be seated but it was totally worth it! Next time you're in Vegas, be sure to check out Le Village Buffet inside of Paris. Best. Food. Ever.
We spent the rest of Monday shopping around the strip, relaxing by the pool, packing :(, and watching HGTV. It was the perfect ending to a perfect trip!
One last picture that I have to share--every time we're in Harrah's, we have to take a picture next to this statue. My Aunt Judy and I started the tradition during my 21st birthday trip and it's been a fun thing to do ever since.
*sigh* Looking at these pictures brings my heart so much joy. I'm so blessed to have such a fun and close family! I can't wait for our next vacation (which will probably be Baby's first trip)!
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun! I hope to get the lawyer to Vegas one day for the NFR, but it will probably have to wait a while! :-)
    PS- Love that you have a Vacation Hat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is wonderful! such a good idea. im glad you two enjoyed yourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute!! Your swimsuit bump is so adorable! The fall weather is a nice change, but boo for colds! Hope you're feeling back to normal soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs