Thursday, November 8, 2012

Is Laughter REALLY The Best Medicine?

I'm still sick.

If you're on my FB, you've been hearing about it on my statuses all week.

If you're my fiancé, you've been hearing about it every minute of every day for the last week. And you've been having to make constant Sierra Mist runs (speaking of which, thanks sweetie!).

If you work with me, you had to listen to me coughing and moping around for a few hours today.

Yeah, I'm just not a good sick person. I'm a whiner.

I don't know what it is, but it seems like I get sick twice a year and it's always around Valentines Day and Thanksgiving. It NEVER fails. So, of course, as soon as November peeked its head around the corner, here came the flu.

I sat at home doing nothing from Friday 'til Sunday (I didn't feel like moving..).  So when Monday came around, I was beginning to feel a little better. So I went to work.

I love the people I work with--we're all good friends (which sometimes presents a problem) so we're always gabbing and coming up with new ideas. On this particular day, we decided to go to Goodwill and buy a couch (it's a really long story so I won't get into it).

This is what ended up happening at Goodwill.


Jason and Valerie's wedding flutes from 1999--we're guessing that marriage didn't end well.
No caption needed for this one.
Cool tie!
We went in looking for a couch and we came out with a 5 foot tall Christmas stocking (for $1.99!)
We laughed. And laughed. And laughed. 

I was feeling so much better. 

And then I woke up the next morning with a fever and the beginnings of bronchitis. 

Another example:

Our group threw our friend, Joe, a bowling party for his 26th birthday.


Birthday boy!
Joe's Angels.
Nicky B and Joseph.
A portion of our motley crew.
We all had a wonderful time bowling, gabbing, eating cake and laughing.

I woke up the next morning with a bad cough and no voice.. which then turned into severe bronchitis. 

(I'm prone to bronchitis--I've been getting it my entire life).

So, is laughter really the best medicine? I'm going to ponder that as I sit around complaining some more about being sick.. 

Ha, kidding. Yes, laughter is the best medicine. It keeps us happy, positive and upbeat. But it often leads to bronchitis. You've been warned.

Hope ya'll are happy and healthy! 

Party, Party, I like to Party

3 comments:

  1. lol, note to self, never buy personalized wedding wine glasses thanks for the giggle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute post! You can find some treasures, and laughs at Goodwill! ; )
    Steph
    swtboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I hope you are feeling better! Thank you so much for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs