Friday, November 2, 2012

Give Thanks Friday #2

I have the flu.

And it's ruining my life.

I had to call in sick to work today (which I HATE), Brandon and I had to cancel our weekend plans to visit a friend in Kansas City, my throat is on fire, I have a fever that keeps coming back, I have gunk in my chest, blah, blah, blah.

Although I'm sick (side note: I am the worst sick person ever--I will sit around and complain to Brandon about being sick, I call my mother in Colorado to complain about being sick, etc. My poor family and friends..), I had a wonderful week and have so much to be grateful for.

Let the thankfulness begin!

5.)
I was able to spend time with my dear friend Abby and her sweet little stepson, Jack, and son Ben (center). She was also getting rid of a bunch of her clothes so I got to shop her closet--my favorite!

4.)
We spent Halloween with Brandon's mom, sister, brother-in-law, niece and nephew. We had such a fun time! I'm so blessed to be marrying into the family that I am--I couldn't have hand picked a nicer, more perfect group! 

3.) 
We went to my parents house last weekend. I always enjoy visiting but this visit was even better because my brother was home from college! We got a ton of wedding stuff done AND my brother and I filled out our absentee ballots.. it was his first time voting (you can tell he was thrilled..) so that was exciting for his politics loving sister.

2.) 
Sunday was Brandon and I's two year anniversary. We celebrated by having a delicious turkey dinner at my family churches fall supper. We also toured around my old high school (AKA my old stomping ground). Fun stuff. 

1.) 
I hosted my first ever book club meeting on Monday--it was a blast! I'm so blessed to have a fun group of girlfriends who I can laugh, eat, and get together with.

Well, that was pretty much my week.. I'm going to go ahead and get back to drinking tea and chilling in my Snuggie.

One more thing: I am very blessed/grateful to have a wonderful guy who won't let me do anything when I'm sick. 
Oh, and DayQuil. I'm very thankful for that.

Party, Party, I like to Party

2 comments:

  1. I am your newest follower and was hoping that you'd stop by and follow me too!

    www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com

    Thanks,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are feeling better!! It looks like you had a great week even with the flu. Thank you so much for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs