Monday, November 12, 2012

Homemade Nutella Frosting

Oh, Nutella. Sweet, sweet Nutella. Where have you been all my life?

I didn't discover Nutella until later in life (I was 21 to be exact..) and when I did, everything changed.

Peanut butter lost it's taste.

Chocolate bars were no longer satisfying (excluding Almond Joy bars).

Nothing could satisfy my ridiculous sweet tooth except for the decadent hazel nut spread.

So for my brothers birthday cake this year, I made him a yellow cake with homemade Nutella frosting.

And. it. was good.

The frosting is fabulous–it’s creamy, sweet and flavorful. AND easy!

 
Mmmmm… Nutella.

Yeah, my picture of the frosting didn’t turn out as well as I hoped..please refer back to the first picture (I’m a terrible photographer--except for this picture--but believe me, this frosting is delish).

Anngredients:
  • 3/4 cup unsalted butter
  • 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup very soft Nutella

8 comments:

  1. I love Nutulla! And Cookie Butter. Oh Cookie Butter (from Trader Joes) is evil goodness. With those two, who would ever eat just plain ole' peanut butter again?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yummy! We just started using nutella (way older than when you discovered it!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this!!! The frosting sounds AMAZING!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks awesome!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this sounds amazing! I too didn't find nutella until I was 19 and it's so good! Pinning this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving it! Can't go wrong with Nutella!
    Thank you so much for sharing this at Wednesday Extravaganza! Hope to see you there again this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yum, that sounds fabulous! Thanks for sharing at The Fun In Functional!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhhhh! Just give me that and a spoon! Now I'm hungry for Nutella, thanks a lot. Lol.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs