Saturday, November 3, 2012

Book Club Brownies

As many of you may know, I hosted my first ever book club get together last Monday--and it was a blast!

It seems like the majority of book clubs include dinner. Our group decided just to go with finger foods and desserts. With that being said, I wanted to make something delicious that everyone could enjoy.

Enter the Book Club Brownie!

Okay, I kinda used the same recipe as my famous Scrumptious Fruit Pizza.. but using brownies instead of the sugar cookie crust make this dessert even more decadent.

I did run into a little bit of an obstacle while making these treats.. I bought all of my ingredients on Sunday night with the intent to make the brownies Monday morning before work. I woke up Monday morning, threw my brownies in the oven, cleaned up a bit while they baked, took them out of the oven and admired this moist perfection of a dessert.

Man, I'm good!

But then, I had the brilliant idea of getting the brownies out of the pan so they would be easier to decorate/cut. Bad, bad choice. I sprayed the hel.... *ahem* excuse me, life out of that pan before putting the brownie mix in so they'd come out easily. So I laid down a cookie sheet, flipped the pan upside down and waited for it to move from the pan to the sheet.

Instead, this is what happened.
Sigh.
And of course, I didn't have any other brownie mix.. so I ran to the store, came back and decided to just leave them in the pan to decorate. While my brownies were once again baking, I had to figure out what to do with the moist, delicious broken brownies.

Here's what I did:
Broken brownies=sweet parting gifts.
My brownies were FINALLY ready, so I took them out of the oven and went to work.. I planned on just decorating them when I got home.

5:30pm finally rolled around and I was home. I made my frosting, began to spread it over the intact brownies and then cut each brownie before adding the fruit. They weren't cutting quite like I hoped because they were, mmm how do I say this.. a little well done?

Anyway, I finally got them cut and decorated and they were beautiful. I must have left them in the oven a minute too long so they had a bit of a crunch but they still tasted delicious.

I know that if you make these, you will enjoy them! Just don't break them or leave them in the oven too long..

Anngredients:

  • Brownie mix.
  • 8 oz. of fat free cream cheese.
  • 1/3 cup sugar.
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla.
  • Fruit of your choice
  1. Bake brownies as directed on the box.
  2. Let brownies completely cool (this usually takes about an hour).
  3. Blend the cream cheese with the sugar and vanilla until completely mixed. Spread in a thin layer over the cooled brownie. 
  4. Cut brownies and add fruit to top. 
  Ta-da!

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs