Tuesday, June 18, 2013

12 Week Bumpdate

I'm a day behind on blogging..

We were out of town visiting my family this weekend (we had such a wonderful time--story and pictures coming tomorrow!) and didn't get home until late Sunday night due to inclement weather and only being able to drive 35mph on the interstate.. We almost died you guys (not really.. but saying that makes for a more interesting story tease).

It's been a very busy week for baby so I'll get going on the bumpdate!

How far along: 12 weeks, 2 days
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I discovered at our doctors appointment that I've lost 2 pounds, which means I weigh less than I did pre-pregnancy.. what?!

Maternity clothes: Not yet, but my pants are starting to feel a little snug in the waist..

Stretch marks: No

Sleep: I have been sleeping great lately! I had convinced myself that I wasn't going to be able to sleep at my parents house because it wasn't my bed and because Bitsy wasn't sleeping on me, but I slept better there than I have in months! It was wonderful!

Best moment last week: Our first doctors appointment and hearing the babies heartbeat for the first time.. I had nightmares leading up to our appointment that something was wrong with the baby so hearing that strong and steady little heartbeat was all I needed (I only cried a little bit.. okay, that's a lie.. I cried a lot. And still tear up every time I think about it). It was also wonderful to see my Aunt Judy and Aunt Nancy on Friday, who I haven't seen since finding out I was pregnant (my family is really close and my aunt's are more like sisters to me).

Movement: Not yet.

Food cravings/aversions: I had to have steak on Saturday.. if you know me, you know this is bizarre. I HATE steak. But my mom made chicken and steak kabobs on Saturday night and I couldn't get enough.. I also had to have a turkey burger with a side of pancakes at Denny's on Sunday (which I'm saying is the best decision I've made since marrying Brandon).

Gender: I've had a hunch this whole time but I've been having dreams where I'm wrong.. so we'll see.

Labor signs: Nooo!

Belly button - in or out? Innie.

What I miss: The big thing I miss right now is being able to go on walks without getting so dang winded. I want to stay active but it's hard to do when I have to stop every few minutes to catch my breath (I'm not even walking that fast).

What I am looking forward to: One of my best friends is getting married next June and I've been thinking a lot about how fun it'll be to take our baby on his/her first road trip (to St. Louis). My mom has even mentioned how fun it'll be to have our little baby there.

Milestones: First doctors appointment and my "little pooch" is beginning to grow.


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. lovely! congratulations on your pregnancy!
    & i agree there are not many more things that suck more than going so slow on the highway, ah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you got to hear the heartbeat!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs