Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Summer is Here (and I'm Thankful)

I don't know how things are looking in your neck of the woods but summer has reared its hot little head here in Kansas.

Kinda hard to read.. it's 105 :/
As I was driving to the grocery store yesterday, I was thinking about how brutal the summers are here (you have to tack on high winds and humidity to the already scorching temps) and how I can't wait for fall. Then it dawned on me: why am I thinking this way? Why do I always wish for something different (because come fall, I'll be wanting spring.. I know how this works)? I need to learn to be grateful for the here and now.

So I started making a list of all the things I am thankful for right now.
  • I'm thankful for a comfortable, air-conditioned home to come home to after a long day.
  • I'm thankful for cool and comfortable sundresses (especially when they are loose and forgiving in the stomach, which is exactly what I need right now!); they make me feel pretty and I feel much cooler at work. 
  • I'm thankful for all the beautiful, fresh produce at the grocery store--I stocked up on blueberries and peaches yesterday!
  • I'm thankful for this furball who shows me unconditional love everyday (even at 4am when I can't sleep).
  • I'm thankful for such wonderful family and in-laws; I really couldn't have picked a nicer crew to be apart of!
  • I'm thankful for this stud muffin who works hard everyday to help provide for our growing family.
  • I'm thankful that God has chosen us to be parents; what a wonderful gift we have been given! We are truly blessed. 
  • I'm thankful to have the opportunity to go on a girls trip with my mamma in September (we're going back to Vegas)! We always have the best time together and I'm looking forward to sitting around the pool, shopping and just taking it easy!
I encourage you all to sit down and count your blessings; God is so good!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. This is a great reminder to be happy and appreciate the present! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss my loose comfortable sun dresses LOL! Will be happy to be wearing them in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs