Wednesday, June 19, 2013

A Turkey Burger w/ Pancakes and the Time I Almost Died

Brandon and I had such a fun weekend at (my) home in Colorado!

My parents only live 3 1/2 hours away, but it's so hard for us to get back there with our conflicting work schedules--however, we were so fortunate in that Brandon had a 3-day weekend and I was able to take a few days off this last weekend so we took advantage and headed west!

We arrived at my parent's late Thursday evening and sat around gabbing and eating until it was time for bed (which is at around 10 for me). I. Slept. GREAT. I really didn't think I'd be able to sleep there because it wasn't my bed and because I have trouble sleeping anymore but I was out all night (and only had to get up to go the the bathroom once)!

Friday
  • Slept in a little bit.
  • Ate.
  • Drove to Denver.
  • Got to visit with my Aunt Nancy and Aunt Judy and their families (I wish I would have taken a few pictures!).
  • Cheered on our Colorado Rockies!
Brandon and I bought tickets to the game for my family as part of my dad's Father's Day gift--we all had such a blast!
My favorite nachos of all time--I have to get these every time we go to a game!
Denver, je t'aime.  
Saturday
  • Slept in again.
  • Laid around and did nothing.
  • Took two different naps. 
  • Shopped around my hometown a little bit. 
  • Craved and ate steak (if you know me, you know this has never happened--I can't stand red meat of any kind.. but boy, this baby sure demanded it!). 
  • Enjoyed dessert at Mickey D's. 
  • Looked through this months HGTV Magazine with my mom before falling asleep in my parents bed.
Mom made chicken and steak kabobs on Saturday night as an early Father's Day dinner.. they were amazing!! Just looking at this picture makes my mouth water all over again.
My brother is working at McDonald's for the summer so we went and surprised him (as you can tell, he was thrilled to see us) and had dessert. My family used to always come into wherever I was waitressing at the time for dinner or dessert, so it was fun to do that with Joey (and even more fun because I wasn't the one doing the serving for once)!
Sunday
  • Slept in yet again.
  • Attended church (I did the music because there were no musicians there). 
  • Had an amazing Father's Day lunch at Denny's. 
  • Made my dad's candy card. 
  • Took a nap. 
  • Drove home and almost died. 
  • Feasted on the newly opened Q'doba in Colby, KS. 
I couldn't for the life of me decide if I wanted breakfast or lunch, so I got both (and it was delicious!!). My dad had to help me out with the turkey burger and fries, but I devoured those hot and buttery pancakes.
Brandon helped me with this years candy card--my dad got a kick out of it!
We spotted this beautiful rainbow after crossing the Colorado/Kansas border! And then..
..boom! This doesn't look too bad but at times we couldn't see anything on the interstate because it was raining so hard/there was so much back splash from cars ahead of us. Everyone was driving 35MPH on I-70 with their hazards on.. it was crazy! And then we heard/saw a lightening strike yards away from our car.. I'm so glad I wasn't the one driving!
Bitsy sure was mad/happy to see us Sunday night (it takes her awhile to forgive us for leaving her) but came around at about 2am Monday morning (I woke up to her snuggling next to my face.. I love that girl. Even in the middle of the night).
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Oh my! All of that food looks delicious!
    -Heather
    www.stringtownhome.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. The day we left Kansas to drive to fl we went through 2 storms. They were scary!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun weekend! Such a cute idea for your Dad's card - esp if he has a sweet tooth!! Those kabobs looks amazing too. And lastly, glad you got home safe, I hate storms like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an awesome trip!! Glad you guys came out of the drive ok, this summer storm season has been crazy so far!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs