Tuesday, June 11, 2013

You Know You're From a Small Town When..

..you call the florist to order flowers for your parents wedding anniversary and you don't need to give a last name or address because she already knows who they are and where they live, work, and volunteer.

These two never age--happy 24th anniversary to the greatest parents ever (and soon-to-be best Mimi and Papa)!
Yes, I had this happen to me yesterday and it put things into perspective for me.

I have always been a self proclaimed "city girl"--I've had a big love for the tall buildings and bright lights of the big city for as long as I can remember. I wanted needed to be there.

Fast forward almost 10 years and I'm living in a city of nearly 20,000 (which is still 10x bigger than the town I grew up in but smaller than what I had planned) and love it. I really never thought I'd say that but now that I'm married and have a little one on the way, I realize how perfect small town life was for my family.

My class was very tight knit (I graduated from a class of 40), our parents all knew each other, and the community helped in raising us. I'm not ashamed to say that I'm from a town of 2,000 and I pray that my kids will feel the same way (except in a town of 20K).

Anyway, that's my two cents on growing up in a small town. To wrap this up, here are a few more pictures of my hottie parents:

 
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to your parents!

    My high school had over 2000 people in it and I graduated with just under 500, so I have no idea what this small town thing is :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary to your parents! It was just Abid's and I's anniversary as well. Nothing wrong with coming from a small town and graduating in a small class. My graduating class had 31 people and we were one of the biggest classes in years. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs