Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A Tea-ny Obsession of Mine

I have a major obsession with like tea.

Hot tea. Iced tea. Tea parties. Tea pots. Tea towels. Tea Cups. I just really like tea.

I date my love of tea back to my best friends 16th birthday party when we got all dressed up and enjoyed a high tea at the Molly Brown Palace in Denver.
From the looks on our faces, I'm guessing that we were all terrified to be drinking tea?
We sipped fruity hot teas, nibbled on tiny tea sandwiches, and indulged in decadent desserts.

Yep, I was sold.

Fast forward 7 years and I still love tea.. and tea parties. So much so that my mom, Aunt Brigette, and close friend of the family Dorothy threw me a tea party bridal shower!

Since I'm such a self-proclaimed tea expert (I'm also a connoisseur of nachos--but I'll save that post for another day), I'd like to share a few of my favorite teas, accessories and recipes with you!

My Favorite Teas
1.) Aveda Comforting Tea ($17 for box of 20)--Oh. Em. Gee. This is my all time favorite tea. It is infused with licorice root and peppermint and leaves your mind and body feeling refreshed and renewed--and it's decaffeinated, so it's the perfect tea to help you de-stress and unwind. Available at your local Aveda store.
2.) Tazo Zen Green Tea ($4.99 for box of 20)--This is the perfect morning pick-me-up tea and is created using "select full-flavored, pan-fired green teas from China, long fabled for their legendary properties." It's very light with the taste of lemon verbena leaves, lemongrass and spearmint leaves--yum! Available at most drug and health food stores. 
3.) Stash Ginger Peach Green Tea ($3.99 for box of 18)--This is actually my preferred tea for whenever I'm sick because of the kick of ginger (great for sore throats or blocked sinuses). In addition to the ginger, this tea packs a refreshing punch of green tea and juicy peach. Available at most drug and health food stores. 

My Favorite Accessories
1.) Hamilton Beach Electric Kettle ($42.99 on Amazon)--I actually got one of these for my wedding shower (from my Aunt Nancy, who has one of her own!) and LOVE it! It is so much quicker and more convenient than using a stove top kettle AND you don't have to worry about boiling water spewing out of the top. 
2.) Classic Coffee & Tea Polka Dot Teacup and Saucer - Set of 6 ($45.99 at Bed Bath & Beyond)--this is another wedding gift/registry item that I was thrilled to receive! I fell in love with the fun and colorful polka dot pattern and adore the beautiful hat box that houses them. I think a pretty tea cup and saucer set should be mandatory for everyone!
3.) A Quirky Mug ($8.00 at Pier One Imports)--Okay, so it doesn't necessarily have to be an owl mug.. but I don't see how anyone couldn't want this adorable guy! Quirky and colorful oversize mugs are just a fun way to start the day. Check your local thrift store, Ross or Home Goods for an array of mugs at low prices.

My Favorite High Tea Menu Items

1.) How beautiful would these Caramel Topped Shortbread Bites be on a tray of tea party treats? Pair this with a rich black tea or spicy chai for a combination that is sure to awaken the senses.
2.) Blackberry Lemon Goat Cheese Squares. No caption needed (best paired with a fruity tea or cider).
3.) These Classic Chicken Salad Tea Sandwiches will impress even the most refined taste buds. Pair with a green or spicy ginger tea for a heavenly culinary experience.

I hope this post inspires you to try some new teas or host a tea party in the near future! I think I'm going to go make myself a cup right now to help me unwind. Cheers!

Party, Party, I like to Party

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. One of the reasons I'm so excited I have a daughter is so we can have a legit tea party birthday. Granted, it'll be a while because she's only turning 2 this year, but it'll be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love tea too. My daughter actually did have a tea party b.day party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had never had much tea other than the traditional glass of summer time " sun tea". When I lived in Australia one summer, I was forced to drink hot tea... multiple times a day! Now I love it. Hot tea, sun tea, iced tea (I gave up sweet tea for Lent and am trying to stay away from it), and tea cups, saucers, tea pots. I LOVE the owl tea cup!

    ~ Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this roundup Annie! I love tea parties too! Have a great week! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat round up, and I love the polka dot tea set! Thanks for sharing. Stopping by from Six Sisters :)

    RamblingReed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am also a tea fan! I also have that owl mug! http://pinkgerberdaisies-kady.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love tea too! I always have so much fun buying loose leaf teas and mixing them up to create new flavors. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Came over from the Sew Can Do link party. I love the Zen tea too! I like to drink it iced and make a pitcher of it every day. I've tried a few other mint teas, and they aren't nearly as good. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs