Monday, April 1, 2013

Wine Bottle Centerpieces and Paper Lanterns

Ooh, I have so much to say..

First of all, I am so sorry that I haven't been making my blog rounds lately! I haven't had time to actually sit down and read my blogs for about a week now.. I've been busy busy with classes (only a month and a half to go before I get my bachelors...), work, and moving.

Moving. Yuck. I can't stress this enough.

I have the day off from work today so I'm going to make some coffee and do a little catching up with you this morning.. and I cannot wait!

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Easter. We had such a wonderful weekend with family and I had a lot of time to reflect on the meaning on the day and how Jesus Christ gave his life for you and me. I'll have an Easter recap and a BIG announcement on Wednesday!

Today, I'd like to share our beautiful wedding decorations.

Our wedding was all DIY (which we both wanted) and turned out absolutely beautiful. It just goes to show that you don't need to spend a lot of money to have an elegant wedding. Here are the deets:

Our friend Jana gave us the idea for these centerpieces. Originally, we planned to soak empty wine bottles in warm water so we could easily de-label (that's a word, right?) them, but this happened. We ended up tying red ribbon around the neck of the bottle (empty or full, your call), sat it atop a mirror and set two candles on each side of it. It was so simple but so elegant.

Pretty centerpieces and our pretty friend Heather.
Brandon and I both like the look of paper lanterns so we knew we wanted to incorporate them into our wedding decor. Our wedding colors were red and black but we thought black lanterns would be too much--so we decided to go with white.
My husband actually assembled these bad boys by himself. He bought the lanterns and some long life battery operated lights (they stay lit for about 4 days!) and strung them up the day before the wedding. It took him about 5 hours to do, but the result was beautiful!

They looked so cool above the dance floor!

Are you getting married soon? What are you doing for centerpieces?

Party, Party, I like to Party
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful centerpiece ~ looks like a great party!
    I'm visiting you today from Southern Lovely. I hope you get a chance to stop by my blog and leave a comment and Link Up, too!
    ~ Megin of VMG206
    Medicine Cabinet Makeover

    ReplyDelete
  2. visiting from sewing barefoot. Looks like you had a great time

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the lanters look!! Great job :)

    Shannon @ Sewing Barefoot

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs