Thursday, April 11, 2013

"Nacho" Average Leftovers

Ha, nacho average leftovers.. get it? Because it sounds like "not your"..

Anyone?

No?

Okay.

If you know me in real life and we've ever gone out to eat, you know that I'm going to order nachos (a local sports bar knows me as "1/2 order chicken nachos, no black olives, extra jalapenos"). It doesn't matter where we go; I'm getting nachos.

If you're my husband, you know that if we have a lot of leftovers of something (whether it be beef, chicken, pork, shrimp, etc.), we're going to have nachos for dinner.

Yes. I like nachos. And they are a perfect meal if you're looking to spice up your leftovers.

We had a good friend of ours cater our wedding (amazing pulled pork, mashed potatoes, baked beans--the works) and we were able to take the leftovers home! As you can imagine, we have a lot of pulled pork in our deep freeze.

That being said, I decided Tuesday night would be a good night for pulled pork nachos!

Yummmmm!
This is the recipe I use anytime I make nachos--so just switch out the pulled pork for whatever meat you have/want.

Anngredients:
  • 1 bag tortilla chips
  • 11/2 cups shredded pork
  • 1 can black beans (rinsed)
  • 4 cups shredded marble cheese
  • 1 can Rotel (chose your spice)
  • 1/2 cup jalapenos
  1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Add half bag of chips to the bottom of 11 x 7 pan. Sprinkle one cup of cheese to top of chips.
  3. Add pork, beans, Rotel and jalapenos to pan and warm on medium, stirring occasionally.
  4. Distribute half of pork mixture to top of chips and cheese. Add other half of chips to top of the pan followed by cheese and pork mixture.
  5. Bake in oven for 10 minutes.
I'll mix it up a little if we're having chicken nachos by using mozzarella cheese (instead of marble) or Habanero cheese if its beef nachos.

This recipe makes quite a bit so Brandon and I usually have leftovers of our leftover leftovers.

Enjoy!



Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Nachos are such a smart idea for spicing up leftovers (literally ha ha) I'm going to need to remember this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. found you on bloglovin as "similar blogs to you" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look delicious Annie! Definitely going to try these out sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs