Monday, April 8, 2013

A Ladies Fair, A Lotta Beer, & A Cat Named Bitsy.

Happy Monday!

I hope your weekend was absolutely fabulous--mine was and I am going to share it with you now (you lucky ducks, you)!

As I mentioned on Friday, I got two free tickets to our local ladies fair--so you know what that means.. Girls night out for Abby & Annie!

I don't know what I like best about this picture of Abby: that she looks so stinkin' gorgeous, the fact that she keeps a KU koozie in her purse at all times, or the fact that there is a photo bombing man hanging out at a ladies fair.
We loaded up on free swag and coupons, entered raffles (I actually ended up winning a beautiful outdoor water fountain for our back porch--boom!), and sampled different beauty products. But the fun didn't stop there..

..because then we went out for a dinner of chips and amber queso, chicken wings and amazing beer at a local microbrewery. We sat and sipped, gabbed and munched for almost two hours before we met our friend Renee at a bar across the street for a few games of pool. Very fun!!

I was at home and in pajamas by 9:30 (keep in mind that I'm 23 going on 70) but that was just fine with me; I had to be to work at 8 the morning. Which bring me to Saturday..

I covered a 5K early Saturday morning and then a regional high school art show in the afternoon. I am in awe of how talented so many of our local youth are--I don't have an artistic bone in my body so I always enjoy attending these events that showcase others talents.

Saturday night was a relaxing one at home with the B's (Brandon and Bitsy). We made a pizza, watched the Shockers/Louisville game, played with Bitsy's favorite toy (pictured below) and watched Saturday Night Live in bed.

Bitsy is really starting to warm up to us. We've discovered that her previous owners would feed her from their plate and then let her lick the food off their lips.. if you know Brandon and me, you know we're not really "let's eat off the same plate as the cat and then let her lick our faces" kind of people (actually, as I type this, Brandon is giving her tiny pieces of pulled pork.. oy vey, maybe we are). We're working on breaking her of that habit and getting her more used to eating her food. She is such a sweetheart though and we couldn't have asked for a better cat!

Sunday consisted of eating Chinese, moving a heavy grill and deep freeze, breaking my back (I have a metal rod on my spine and I tend to push myself too hard and then I can't move for days), taking a nap and doing homework.

How was your weekend? I'd love to hear about it!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. What Ladies Fair was this? I go to the Women's Fair in Wichita every February, but I'm always interested in others!
    Also, Abby has amazing hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to a Ladies' Fair - sounds cool!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs