Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A Wedding and (Rockin' Chalk) Grooms Cake

These last couple of weeks, I have been sharing our professional wedding photos with you.

Today, I planned to post pictures from the reception but I ended up going back to work for a few hours yesterday (YAY!), wore myself out and napped off and on the rest of the day. Ugh.

So instead, I will be sharing photos of our beautiful wedding cakes!

 
A local bakery created this beauty for us--we wanted something simple and elegant and couldn't have been more pleased with the way it turned out! Brandon and I both liked that it wasn't too over the top and how it subtly added more of our wedding colors to the reception hall.

If you know Brandon, you know he LOVES his University of Kansas Jayhawks; so I knew I had to get him a Jayhawk grooms cake. Instead of going through a bakery, I asked Brandon's and my friend, Jana, to make it--and as you can see, she did an amazing job! Brandon and Jana have been good friends for 5 years now so it made the surprise even more special. Thanks, Jana!

Party, Party, I like to Party

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. WOW! Your friend did an incredible job on his cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cake is wonderful!! what shaped pan did she use to make the cake? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rebekah! I'm actually not sure what she used but I'll send her a quick FB message and get back to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you commented back because I forgot to post (mommy brain at it's finest..)--she used a rectangular shaped pan and cut the Jayhawk out of it.. hope that helps! I also checked and there are some Jayhawk shaped cake pans out there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's brilliant, thank you!!! I'm making a groom's cake for my soon to be nephew and thought this one was perfect. Appreciate you checking! :) (no worries-mommy brain happens to all of us ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to say that this blog really convinced me to do it! Thanks, very good post. Brisbane Wedding Photographer

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs